Monday, August 04, 2014

life

It's pouring rain outside, no surprise I've been pinning soup recipes for the last few minutes.

Life goes on.

My Mum's older sister turned 70 last week.

She was born in 1944 London, in the middle of an air raid. I can't begin to imagine how my grandmother felt, bringing her first child into that world.

Life goes on.

I cried in my car on the highway when I heard about the Gaza ceasefire. Actual tears. Because I knew it wouldn't hold. I think it lasted all of an hour, if that.

But apparently, for some, life goes on.

A full, beautiful, life full of little girls and home improvements and lovely times with friends. Crafty afternoons and colourful homes and beloved's birthdays. Dragon costumes and puppy antics, half price pizza and wine while the children play. Inspired ideas and clean bed linen and snuggling with cats and movies in bed.








It has to right?

No comments: