Sunday, June 01, 2014

Sunday evening

Friday was manic. And the next two (three!) weeks will be manic too. My first delegates land in Cape Town on Wednesday and the last leave on the 15th.
Manic.

But at 6 pm on Friday I turned off my computer and vowed not to turn it on again until this evening, thinking I'd now do some prep to ease the manic-ness that will be Monday.
Instead I spent the weekend Doing Other Things.

I hung out with my girls. Bought new bed linen for the them and towels for the whole family. Saw friends. Had the time and attention to get in tune with the puppy's digestive system and managed to have a nearly accident-free few days. Did laundry. Did party invites (and did them again when I picked up a glaring spelling mistake). Put a lot of thought and a bit of prep into my next collage project. Took some photos.

At the beginning of the year I vowed to take more pictures of texture and shadow this year. Then I sat on my camera (during a child-related drama I might add ... ).
The camera still works with a bulky elastic band wrapped around it, but more often than not I use my phone. Not ideal, but not too bad.

This afternoon, on my stoep ....



The sun came out after a very stormy weekend, and my latest aloe flower obliged with a most fetching shadow.

Which reminded me of these, taken a week or so ago ...



Late in the afternoon my winteryfied rose trellis cast a double shadow, one from the sun and one from the reflected light off the water.
There's something Japanesey about them I think.

Turns out I didn't do any work this evening. It all awaits for tomorrow. But I'm calm and energised and I think that's the most important thing for a Sunday evening right?


No comments: