Wednesday, February 02, 2011

one big one, one small one

It's the second time this week I've found myself cooking dinner like this:


Seems crazy hey?
Especially as we're virtually eating the same meals these days, the four of us.

But still, the girls like things chopped finer, flavoured slightly blander, and so weirdly it's easy to cook the same meal in two pans. Chop the same onion, a third of it smaller, the same carrot, diced a little finer.

And then of course I can do this:


Decide to whack in a load of chillies and spices without having to hold back at all. Makes for much more adult eating.

Just got to remember to keep the right spoon to the right pan!

PS I promise with my hand on my heart I didn't notice that phallic butternut on the right 'til after I'd taken these. No really.

2 comments:

Dani said...

I would not have noticed that butternut either. But then you gave me a good giggle...and who can't use one of those?

Stephanie Meade Gresham said...

good idea!! this beats tossing some chicken in the microwave to satisfy less adventurous palates.