Thursday, July 16, 2009

an under-rated insult

On Tuesday, in the pouring rain, I gave my brother a tow through our funny 'burb of narrow streets and, inevitably, at one point got into an altercation with a courier delivery guy who tried to squeeze in front of me and intimidate me into moving.
Luckily I was driving our Jeep so took on a kind of 'look into my grid and say that again' attitude, slowly creeping closer and closer to him until he backed off.
A random guy, standing next to my window watching the whole altercation, looked at me, shook his head and said: 'What a cock.'

I've been laughing ever since.

[Off to spend the weekend with 1 pregnant lady, 2 toddlers, 4 babies, 5 dogs and 8 friends in a cottage high up in the frosty Cederberg mountains. Wish me luck.]

4 comments:

Sarah Anne said...

Good luck.

Maggie May said...

good luck!

Sameera said...

Sounds oh so like me! :)

spudballoo said...

So funny, I've read it twice now and hooted both times! x