Thursday, March 05, 2009

sweaty keyboard

Yeah, I know, I know, it's been a while...

Truth be told: it's too hot to blog.

Seriously y'all, these are the dog days. The hottest, stillest, laziest days of summer. The gaspiest, sweatiest (if you move that is), nakedest, ice-cream-eatingest, air-con-seekingest days of them all. It's like summer's giving us one last blast from the ole furnace, a little something to remember it by, a little 'you'll miss me when I'm gone'.

And we will, I'm completely sure of it. But goddamn it's hot!

And all you can really do, is live with it.

Multiple trips to the air-conditioned Aqarium. Just looking at all that water makes me cool.

Sticking in the shade at the park, taking turns to venture out to march the dog and/or toddler round the pond. Convince dog and/or toddler that pond is seriously skanky and not conducive to swimming.

Having sunset supper picnics on the beach, the only really sensible time of day to get down there.

And spending a lot of time indecently clothed. Or just not clothed at all.

(I was painting some garden furniture and got a little smudge on F, totally unintentional position and design, but ain't it sweet?)

No comments: