Tuesday, September 30, 2008

eid al-fitr

While spending a happy hour or two making falafel today (I just can't seem to stop - more about that soon), I thought about all the other busy cooks across the city, preparing for Eid tomorrow.

We're going to some friends for an Eid pancake breakfast as they prepare for a day of huge eating and family celebrating. Their 4 year old son is very excited as this'll be his first Eid going round to all the neighbours collecting money and sweets. We're taking him some moolah too but if I'm going to give money to a 4 year old I decided to make it as playful as possible.

I really need to expand my origami repertoire, I've been trotting out this shirt for years, but it works particularly well for bank-notes, and is kinda cute too. Eid Mubarak!

No comments: